Tuesday 20 July 2010

More photos!

Here are some of the photos from the new camera that my dad bought me so that I could get some good photos while I was here. I haven't put very many on here, as the photo uploader is quite slow, but here is a selection!


Me holding an adult Puffin on nest count day
A Puffin on the roof with a massive Sandeel in it's mouth!

Countryfile filming on Inner Farne

A view of the National Trust Little Tern colony at Low Newton

The Farnes team at the Little Tern colony with 2 of the 3 wardens that live and work there

Guillemots with their chicks at the Quarry cliff on Inner Farne

Waves coming over the top of the Quarry cliff during a big storm

All of us and the boatmen on the fishing trip

Razorbills (my favourites!) at Lighthouse cliff on Inner Farne

2 adult Common Terns in flight about to attack me for getting too close to their nest (which is next to the path!)

Matt, Graeme, Michael and me holding Puffin chicks that got trapped in one of the buildings

A female Red-Breasted Merganser on her nest - she had 8 chicks!
Longstone lighthouse (where Grace Darling lived)
The view from the top of the lighthouse looking out over Brownsman and Inner Farne

Jason, Me, Mark and Graeme at the top of Longstone lighthouse (it was sheer chance that we got to go up it!)
That's all of the photos that I'm putting on here for now (it really is a lot of effort) but there are many more on my Facebook page, if you can access it (not sure if you'll be able to). Here is the link: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/album.php?aid=172659&id=517753245

No comments:

Post a Comment